Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The updated version of pregnancy

So today it is three weeks that Me and lil one have been holed up in a hospital room waiting on our lil baby to show herself to the world. It is amazing how people do not go absolutely bonkers while laying in the hospital for a long time. lil one has been an amazing woman for taking each day as it comes and trying not to pull her hair out each and every day. It is really funny to us how all the nurses that are attending to her and our baby are amazed at all the puzzles that we have done. Well when you are in a room that doesnt have ESPN (can I get an amen from the male congregation) then there really isnt much to do except do puzzles. We have five completed already and buying more. Anyways on to what got us to this point.

lil one started having labor pains on May 9 and found out she was dilated and had a bulging sac. The hospital near us isnt capable of taking care of an emergency like that so they sent us to a level 1 trauma center near our home. That was fine because it was close enough for Me to check on the house and our dog when lil one was resting and be looked after by her mom. Well about two to three days later we found out that the Perinatal doctor (basically a high risk doc for mom and baby) was going on vacation and wouldnt be back for 10 days. He is the only one in a 29 county area to take care of her due to this emergency. So they had to transfer us to the big city level 1 trauma which is about 2 and 1/2 hours from our house. For all the females who know when having a preemie baby they give you two shots of steroids to help with the babies lungs and also magnesium sulfate. We had to find out a hard way that lil one is allergic to the magnesium sulfate. She had fluid on her lungs and was in dire stress of having pneumonia. Her Oxygen levels were extremely low and they had to put her on 100 percent oxygen machine. The best part when she was going through that is that our little baby never had any ill effects from it. So finally they got the fluid off her lungs and lil one was starting to feel much better.

They were watching lil one to make sure her symptoms didnt come back and she started to have contractions again and was dialated to 6 cm. They got those contractions under control and had her relaxing for a week or two and she was doing just fine. They even started talking about sending her back closer to our home. Well the next night lil one started to feel the contractions again to the point where she couldnt sleep. They finally gave her meds to help with pain and also to help her sleep. When she woke up the next day her contractions had subsided and she was still sitting at 6 cm with the sac still intact. We found out that they are not going to be moving her back due to how far she is dilated and how young lil one is.  The good news is our baby is still having a strong heartrate and is doing perfectly fine. Our goal is to get to 34 weeks since that is where the baby is strong enough and weighs enough to pretty much function without too many complications. Every day is a blessing and we can only take each day as it comes. Thank you for those who have been praying or keeping us in your thoughts. I will try to update as much as possible while taking care of lil one and all the other things that life throws at us.

Master R

1 comment:

  1. Master R,

    I've been praying for all of you! I'm so relieved that the baby is alright, too:)!!!! Thank you so much for writing this.