Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blessings in Disguise Throughout the Day.....

  Wow what a day!!! i feel truly blessed after an amazing day like today. It has been so amazing that I dont even know where to start. I guess the best place if any is when the day started.
      The day started with me waking up. I had to get gas this morning so I made sure to be out of the house by about 9:15. Well I headed over to get gas and got really lucky that gas had gone down. It ws so much fun! i grabbed some lovely gas and then headed to work. It was funny because I got to work just in time and I had left about thirty minutes out. I felt proud of myself that I could show up on time even when running late. I would have been upset with myself for being late, partially because I am still working on doing things not just for myself but him too. I think that me showing up late would reflect bad on not only me but him too. I cant quite connect how just yet, but I know it would.
     Well, after work I headed over to have some lunch with my mom and her coworkers. I had so much fun with them. It's cool because they treat me like I'm one of them and CB laughs cause my mom just lays into me with the sarcasm and getting onto me for things everytime we hang out with them. They were asking me about my contract and somehow the conversation got back to him again. I laughing told my mom that he had mentioned that if they wanted to run a background check that he was clean. I think this was after them joking about if he was clean or if he was still on probation at the time. They joke about it, but sometimes it eats me up. However, I can understand where theyre coming from so I can definitely see that.
      Anyways....after hanging out with my mom and getting some information, I headed to the bookstore to kill some time. I had about an hour to kill and I didnt want to keep sitting in my mom's office bored out of my mind. I decided to just kill time, so it worked. I hung out there and was looking up some research for various things that popped into my head, when I looked at my phone and it was my recruiter calling. I answered the phone, curious as to why he was calling me. In all honesty he had me puzzled, thinking maybe he missed me checking in yesterday. Well, I answered and he asked how I was doing, the normal chit-chat type thing. I told him fine and then he started asking me if I would be fine if I had gotten my second pick, the medical job. To this I replied I would and gave the same answer about my first pick too. He surprised by then saying that some jobs had come across his desk and that he had a contract for me and it was my number one pick. I couldnt believe it and all I could mutter was asking him if that meant I had dates. I could tell he was laughing, but i heard him say that yes he did. I couldnt believe it. I finally had a job and a date. It was what I finally wanted. I was even more shocked when he told me that my date was June 29th. I just couldnt believe it. I was in utter shock.
        After recovering from the shock, I finally made the round of phone calls to everyone and let them know what was going on. It was so amazing to let them know that I finally had dates for everything and that it was so soon. It was so much fun. I couldnt believe it still. I have so little time to spend time with the most important people before I leave. I'm sure that I'll have some time for it all. I just have to figure it all out.
        I headed to work and it just seemed work went amazing tonight. We were doing single run thursdays, but I just hated the fact that you could only take one order at a time. It actually turned out better for me because I ended up making almost $40 in tips tonight. I couldnt believe it. I was so amazed! I like it, but I guess that's because we were so busy I was constantly going in and out of the store until almost 8 when it was finally time for me to leave. It felt so good to make all those deliveries and it seemed everyone was so nice and I got a tip from everyone. I was so amazed. I just couldnt believe how amazing everything has turned out. I know that no matter how bad things get, there is always a good side. I know that because he reminds me and I was reminded of it by someone else today. I just cant wait to find out what the future has in store.
       I'm also getting excited because its getting closer and closer to me going to visit him. It's going to be so amazing and I know I will have a ton of fun. I think if it was any other person I would be nervous, and I have to be honest in that there is a slight hint of nervousness with me, but not as much as would normally be there. I cant believe and hope these next couple of weeks go by so fast because I'm just ready to see his face in person and to just be held in his arms. I know that I will have to get over a couple of my punishments while I'm there too, but I did earn them and it is his way of teaching me where my place is. I think after today's news though, it makes me sad that I dont have as much time to spend with him as I thought. I know though that he will always be there and like he told me today, I know that "distance makes the heart grow fonder". Yes basic will be hard, but knowing I'm doing it not just for myself but him too can be a really good motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment